First off, I'm sorry it's been so long for some of you guys who have been waiting for my next entry. My personal life got pretty busy with work and the holiday, but I plan on this week being a busy week. I've had the opportunity to speak with another young up and coming driver. Shane Lee will be making his first of fourteen starts in the Xfinity series with RCR, and he was nice enough to answer a few questions for me. So, you guys don't have to wait any longer here is the second Everything NASCAR Q&A with Shane Lee.
Q: You started racing at a very young age in go karts but it wasn’t long before you were competing with some of the best. What was it like being so young and competing with the best in the kart racing scene?
A: Racing go karts definitely had a impact on my racing career and had a pretty good bit of success racing go karts with a lot of the competition even though I only ran the adult class for probably a year before I moved on to the late model ranks.
Q: You’ve raced a bunch of short tracks and local tracks. You’ve got around 18 or so wins if I’m not mistaken. What about racing on those small tracks do you think is different than racing on the big tracks in the premier series?
A:As far as the short track racing goes the biggest different from the big tracks is the aero the cars have on high speed tracks are a huge difference and probably the biggest factor.
Q: I seen that your suppose to race a few races for RCR this year in the Xfinity series, what were you feeling whenever you found out that RCR wanted you to run some races knowing what RCR has meant to the sport of NASCAR?
A: It's awesome being able to run for Richard Childress especially in the 3 car for 14 Xfinity races with my first coming at Bristol in 2 weeks. Hopefully all goes well.
Q: Your first start in the truck series was at Martinsville, what was it like driving into such a historic short track? And finally getting to turn some laps on the track?
A: The Martinsville truck race was a good learner for me I wasn't in the best of equipment it was more just to learn the track and get approved to run bigger tracks in the series. I have ran late models at Martinsville before so I had known the track for a couple years.
Q: Your a young man living on the edge racing for fun hoping to make a career out of it, but what is something Shane does when not racing that people may not know?
A: My biggest thing I probably do away from racing is probably golfing. I picked it up about 5 years ago and been hooked ever since. If not golfing or racing I'll be at the gym lol
Q: Out of everyone you’ve seen race who do you think your driving style most relates too? Are you more of a "Intimidator" or more of a Jimmie Johnson type of guy and just make the most outta what you got?
A: Definitely not the Intimidator lol, but it would be hard to ever compare your self to Jimmie Johnson who I believe is the best ever in NASCAR.
Being a young up and coming driver, Shane Lee has got a great opportunity to run some races with Richard Childress Racing. I believe that he will take one race at a time, learning the in's and out's and who knows may come away with a win. What do you guys think of this young man? Do you think he will be able to make the most of his chance? We will see, I'm hoping to get back with Shane after his first start at Bristol. Go look this guy up and give him a follow, he's a hard working driver with a lot of racing in front of him.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShaneLeeRacing
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShaneLeeRacing/
No comments:
Post a Comment