Thursday, March 8, 2018

Ready to Begin!

So I have struggled on what to write my first entry and how it relates to the sport we all know and love. So I figured I would give you guys a little back story of the guy who will running the blog page and Twitter page. 
    First off my name is Christoper Prince, Chris for short. I’m 22 years old currently will be 23 in May of this year. I am from a small town in the north Georgia mountains, McCaysville. Which is located approximately around two or so hours north of Atlanta motor speedway in Fannin county. I graduated high school in 2013 from Copper Basin High, in Copperhill Tennessee. Which actually had around 69 or so students in my graduating class. I’m married and have one son, and another little future NASCAR fan on the way. Which I just recently found out about. I’m a huge family man and love my son and wife very much, but enough about my personal life. 
      Let’s talk about how I became a devoted fan. 
I was introduce to the sport at a super young age, 6 months old to be exact. Whether I knew what I was watching at that young age or not is another question. My dad was the person who sat me down on the couch and watched it with me and every Sunday or Saturday night since then I’ve always watched. As I got older around 5 or 6 years of age. I gravitated toward that early 2000’s McDonald’s 94 car, with Bill Elliot driving. I had no idea at the time Bill Elliot was from Dawsonville or even how close Dawsonville was to my hometown I just loved the McDonald’s car, and he became my driver and I stuck by him. Even when he went to work with Evernham Motorsports and started driving the #9 car again. I never got to really see Bill in his prime like he was in the 80’s. I got to witness him in 2002 have a successful year and that is the year I really remember the most. Bill won 4 poles Atlanta, Texas, Pocono and Loudon, and won two races at Pocono and the Brickyard. Bills last win at Rockingham in the fall was the final time I got to watch my first driver win. Starting fifth and leading a race high 140 laps he brought home the trophy for the final time in his career. When Bill left full time racing I said whoever took over for him in the 9 car would be my driver and fate had it be Kasey Kahne and man Kasey had a great start in the 9 car and then things fell off. I followed Kasey(still do) until I heard about this up and comer Chase Elliot, my favorite driver of all times son, winning in the truck series and ARCA series and it just so happen he had a very know backer in Hendrick Motorsports. Chase first year in the Xfinity series was really the first year I started watching the “amateur” series in the Camping world truck series and Xfinity series. I was impress by the man who is actually only six months younger than me. Racing with the best of the best and even going on to win two races at Dover and Texas. I had finally found someone I could follow with some passion again since Bill had quit racing full time. I now since watching Chase come up threw the ranks, every chance I get I try to watch the trucks and xfinity guys race. Especially since NASCAR has quit allowing the cup guys to dominate every week. I find them a lot more interesting watching the “nobody’s” prove themselves. 

So everyone may wonder, and this is were it gets interesting. Have you ever been to a race in person? Well, to answer that not yet. I’ve finally come to the point financially where I hope to attend one this season.  I was never able to race carts or dirt track my family just didn’t want to supplement that income for me but this sport is one I’ve followed my whole life and honestly have more of a passion for than football or baseball. I hope even though it’s a huge long shot that this blog and twitter page will maybe lead to a job that involves one of my passions stock car racing! Sorry to have rambled so long guys, so now that you have read about my love for the sport and about me let me say this. I plan on writing and editing this blog and twitter page as much as I am able, and seeing where it takes me in the sport. I know there are a lot of people like me in the sport already but who knows everyone has to start somewhere! Thank you if your still reading at this point! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grassroots Racing

         Over the years the sport of stock car racing has grown to unimaginable heights. With that growth a lot of what made the sport so lo...